PRIMAFOAM® is the trade name for our vast range of cross-linked, closed cell, polyolefin foams. There are engineered to meet customer requirements in terms of physical properties, chemical resistance, mouldability and colour.
PRIMAFOAM® is a strong resilient closed cell cross-linked foam polyethylene foam. It is commonly used for cushioning products in protective packaging, health care, shock absorbing in contact sports and building applications.
Polyethylene is lightweight, shatter proof, flexible, cost-effective, and impervious to mildew, mould, rot, and bacteria. The fine balances which can be achieved between weight, tensile strength, thermal insulating properties, buoyancy and appearance mean that it is highly versatile for a wide diversity of applications.
The main functions of PRIMAFOAM® for the leisure markets include the provision of comfort, shock absorption, pressure distribution, thermal insulation and weight reduction. Through a great variety of types, colours and grades (densities) it is possible to meet individual requirements for specific applications.
- Inert/does not decay or rot
- Long life
- Clean and pleasant to handle
- Available in a wide range of colours
- Good chemical resistance against petrol / oil / hydrolysis / perspiration
- Acts as barrier against humidity
- Negligible water absorption
- Clean incineration and disposal
- Easy to process
- Shock absorbent
- Isolative to heat, cold and noise